Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Bowl Sunday

It's Super Bowl Sunday and what's a girl to wear? Since we are having some friends over I won't go for my usual t-shirt and sweats. Instead I grabbed some random things out of my closet and threw them on as we were on our way to the grocery store to stock up for the week. Living in a small town I have always found the best time to go to the grocery store is Sunday morning because everyone else is at church and only us sinners are out and about.

When we got home our power was out. Another benefit of living in Northern Indiana. Usually this is a result of some idiot who doesn't know how to drive in snow pummeling into a telephone pole of some sort and knocking our juice out for several hours. As we were sitting around with nothing to do I decided to snap a few pictures since my camera is the only piece of technology that is run on battery. I also have other stuff I could be doing, like reading the Crucible and getting some lesson plans in order or planning out a reading calendar for The Great Gatsby which we will be starting in less than two weeks. I can't wait by the way, it is perhaps one of my favorite classics. I love the Moderns!

The shirt is from Target as are the skinny jeans. The cardi is from Old Navy which I purchased on sale for some outrageously low price I can't remember at the moment.

I usually have a hard time finding shirts that will go with this cardi plus I don't typically like the longer cardigans anyway but there's something I enjoy about this one plus it's extremely comfortable.

Here's a look at the detail on the shirt. It's still to cold to wear just the shirt for me so everything I do wear covers this up so I wanted to give you a better look. It's just some extra spice and takes away the need to wear a necklace.

I am in love with this hat from Forever 21 that I purchased 2 falls ago. It keeps my ears warm since I am missing all of my hair and the color pretty much goes with anything, brown or black. Mustard = Happiness.

Still don't know who I want to win. I've decided whoever wins the coin toss is who I will root for. I'm not all that interested in NFL football anyway. The only reason I watch the Super bowl is for the pizza, the commercials, and the half time show which this year is the Black Eye Peas. Finally, a group whose members aren't old enough to be my grandparents. Thanks a lot, Janet Jackson's boob. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment