Friday, July 29, 2011

The Dog Days are Over Now

It poured here this morning. Which wouldn't have been a big deal except I have two canines who fear thunder more then a good 'ole spanking from mommy any day. One laid directly beside me not allowing me to roll over (no pun intended) and the other laid by my head trembling in fear making my teeth chatter. So I, needless to say, didn't get much sleep.
Even worse is my garden. Though we need all this rain for our poor dead grass it could come in small amounts spread over time I mean, come on. No, instead it comes all at once. My crop of green beans is already partially dead due to the last torrential downpour and it's wind. God only knows what will happen now. I may be canning what I've picked thus far today but I'm scared to go out and look to see the damage that's been done this time. Fingers crossed that it's nothing.
About that obsession I told you about I've recently developed with scarves. I don't know what it is. I have shorter hair still, my second summer with it and I don't know if I've just gotten so used to not having hair on my face/forehead that now when it grows a bit longer than I typically keep it, I just put a scarf on and it does the trick. And like I said, they are the best accessory just as long as you wear them with a bold shirt, no pattern on pattern or at least I haven't quite figured out how to make that work just yet. Plus Goodwill, one of my favorite places to shop, carries usually around 50 or so in the shop all for a buck, 50 cents if you're willing to brave the half off Saturday group which I'm not. I just go on Wed. when they have a Hump Day 40% off sale. (My naive self didn't know what the phrase meant originally and I was kind of grossed out when I saw it on their marker board until I asked for clarification. Ha ha)
Here is just a look at what I've collected thus far.



They're all mostly that silk/polyester material which is light and cool during these dog days of summer. I love them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment